The Italianate Glasshouse is located on Ramsgate Eastcliff in the King George VI Memorial Park. The beautifully restored Glasshouse is open from April 1st till Sept 3oth.
The Tea Gardens serve scrummy cream teas and cakes and Panini lunches. Open weekends from Easter and daily from July to September. Closed Mondays.
The Italianate Glasshouse was erected in the grounds of East Cliff Lodge, Sir Moses Montefiore’s 22 acre estate in 1832. Sir Moses, a British financier and former Sheriff of London bought the magnificent structure from another impressive house, Bretton Hall in Yorkshire after seeing it in an auction catalogue.
The grounds of the house, now known as King George VI Memorial Park, were eventually taken over by Ramsgate Borough Council and the house was demolished in 1953.
Open on fine days during the summer months, our visitors are able to relax and sample a delicious cream tea whilst enjoying the tranquil and peaceful surroundings. To coincide with the opening of our Tea Garden in 2015, one of our 80 year old American Agaves growing inside the Glasshouse decided to bloom and had grown over 30ft in 3 months!
Dogs are welcome on the premises. Water bowls.